The Design division of CBRE is currently seeking a Staff Designer for the Chicago, IL location. Works on design team to conduct building assessments and prepare project documentation. Assists in designing and administering building projects for clients.
- Assists engineer with planning the layout of a project and integrates engineering elements into unified design for client review and approval.
- Works on preparation of scaled drawings and contract documents for building contractors.
- Assesses sites throughout the United States on an annual basis by leveraging existing CBRE processes.
- Assesses major building components and equipment in the building while considering factors such as condition, inventory, quantity, and replacement costs.
- Assists engineer with construction administration duties.
- Assists engineer with collation of data for the preparation of operating and maintenance manuals, studies, and reports.
- Will travel 25-50% of the time.
- Bachelor’s degree (B.S or B.A.) from four-year college or university.
- 0-4 years of experience with mechanical and electrical engineering or building systems such as HVAC, electrical, heating, and plumbing.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Strong organizational and analytical skills. Ability to provide efficient, timely, reliable, and courteous service to customers. Ability to effectively present information.
- Requires basic knowledge of financial terms and principles. Ability to calculate simple figures such as percentages.
- Ability to comprehend, analyze, and interpret documents. Ability to solve problems involving several options in situations. Requires intermediate analytical and quantitative skills.
To apply for this position, please copy and paste the following link into your browser address bar: